You never question your use of water; you drink it, wash with it and prepare your meals with it. Nothing is more natural. Wetcleaning is done with water, which what makes it the superior cleaning process, more hygienic and a truly green choice. The whites are whiter and the colors brighter. Not to be confused with laundry, wet cleaning is not laundry. Wet cleaning is perfect for any garment; your silks, cashmeres, woolens and other fine delicates. Professional wet cleaning offers a fresh and innovative solution to the decades old concerns of chemical-based dry cleaning. Glenforest is ready, willing and able to earn your business. We value your clothes as much as you do. Wet cleaning is simply the best process available to care for your clothes.
Wet cleaning is the equivalent to dry cleaning without any toxic chemicals. Wet cleaning is a superior, water-based cleaning process, it is more hygienic and an environmentally green choice. It is gentler on your clothes and you’ll find that your whites are whiter and colors are brighter.
Wet cleaning is a combination of the following:
- Low levels of water and very little mechanical action.
- A core benefit of the Miele machines used at Glenforest is their low abrasion nature.
- Low abrasion means your clothes are cleaned in the gentlest fashion possible – ensuring the greatest lifespan for your clothes.
- Items made with 100% wools, cashmere, silks, and other delicate fabrics can now be safely cleaned, treated and finished through wet cleaning.
- Wet cleaning is the equivalent to dry cleaning without any toxic chemicals.
- A wet cleaning process uses water to clean your clothes. In dry cleaning toxic chemicals take the place of water.
- Wet cleaning is a superior cleaning process, it is more hygienic and an environmentally green choice. It is gentler on your clothes and you’ll find that your whites are whiter and colors are brighter.
- A specially formulated detergent and finishing agent are used in the cleaning process. The detergent is designed to clean your clothes more gently than hand-washing. The finishing agent maintains the new look of your clothes.
- The detergent and finishing agents are both environmentally safe and pose no impact to the environment.
- Specialized finishing equipment forms and finishes each garment without shine or impressions.
Benefits of Wetcleaning
- More effective and gentler than hand washing
- Brighter, vibrant colours with no fading
- Whiter whites
- No impact on the environment
- No chemical odors
- Kind to sensitive skin
- Excellent stain removal and truly hygienic
We Don’t Use Perc
The most commonly used solvent in dry cleaners today is perchloroethylene or Perc. This is toxic chemical that will melt the rubber on your shoes almost instantly. It is 1.5 times heavier than water, which adds to the harsh tumbling action in the drum of the machine. Extremely high temperatures are required to remove the perc from your clothes. Think of the heat and odor that you smell when walking into a dry cleaners. That smell is perchloroethylene that you’re bringing home to your family and putting on your body.
No petroleum Based Solvents
The next choice for dry cleaners is DF2000; a petroleum-based solvent which isn’t quite as toxic as perchloroethylene but if you are filling up your gas tank with what you clean your clothes that can’t be your best choice.
No Green Earth®
A much less used cleaning method is a silicone-based solvent called Green Earth. Not only is it a chemical, but is not the best cleaning method available.
No Carbon Dioxide
CO2 gas, when highly compressed, turns into a liquid that is used for cleaning. Compressed CO2 can be extremely volatile and explosive.